At the 8th European Social Science History Conference which takes place in Ghent (13 April – 16 April 2010), several papers are devoted to the history of psychiatry.
- The institutionalized role of psychiatry in the punishment and rehabilitation of former national socialists in the Netherlands (1944-1954) by Bram Enning and Helen Grevers
- Beyond containing: the First World War and the psychoanalytic theories of Wilfred Bion by Michael Roper
- A change of perspective: integrating evolutionary psychology into the historiography of violence by John Wood
- The turn inwards: Freud’s theory of female sexuality as a psychologization of social practices by Geertje Mak
- Child Psychiatry between scholarly traditions in Sweden 1945-1985. Medical conferences as an arena for defining the borders and content of an emerging disciplinar field by Bengt Sandin
- Different Settings? Narrative interviews versus psychoanalytical interviews by Ela Hornung
- Psychology against Medicine ? Mysticism in the Light of Scientific Apologetics by Agnès Desmazières
To get the complete program, click here.